- Aug 21: The boys team completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! We are working to get a video posted online!
- Aug 21: The boys team competed in the 2014 Maroon and Black intrasquad meet on Aug 20. The Maroon team edged out the Black team with a score of 83-75 that hinged on the 400 free relay finish. Click HERE for the times from the meet. Click HERE for an updated top times report.
- Aug 19: Added a page for away meet pool locations. You can find it here and under the "Calendar" tab.
- Aug 18: The Parkway North boys swim and dive team has challenged the Summit boys swim and dive team with the Ice Bucket Challenge. The Ice Bucket Challenge is an activity to promote awareness and donations for the ALS Association. It went viral on social media over the summer. In response, the Summit boys team will complete the challenge on Wednesday, Aug 20.
Aug 16: The parent meeting and team picture went well Saturday morning. We discussed our goals for the season, highlighted some expectations and responsibilities of each team member and spoke about our team goal to raise $3000 for our new scoreboard. Our captain's parents also spoke about our upcoming dinners, snacks/drinks for the meets and our team banquet (Nov 11).
- Aug 14: Updated the top times after our time trials this afternoon. Click HERE to see the most current top times report.
- Aug 14: This year, we are fortunate to be receiving a state-of-the-art score board for swimming. This new board will connect with our timing system to display the times from each lane at once. This board will cost between $14,000 to $18,000. The Rockwood Swim Club has graciously agreed to fund a large part of the cost. RSHS and our Summit Aquatic teams (swimming, diving, water polo) are splitting the difference.
In order to help us pay for this new score board, the Summit Aquatic programs have pledged to raise $3000. We are asking our team families to help us reach this goal. If you know someone who owns a local/regional business, please invite them to purchase a banner for display at the school. Please read and share this flyer for additional information.
- Aug 12: The Swim America program is looking for swim instructors at the Rockwood Summit location for the upcoming sessions. Classes are held at the Summit pool Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. If you are interested, contact Todd Gable at the Rockwood Community Education Aquatics Department. Additional information can be found here.
- Aug 11: The Maroon and Black Intrasquad meet will be held at the Summit pool on Wednesday, Aug 20 at 4:00pm. Friends and family are invited to attend.
Updates on the Summit Swim and Dive Team