Rockwood Swim America Program is looking for swim instructors at the Summit pool for upcoming swim lesson sessions. Pay is $8.50/hour. If interested, contact Coach Benson for more information.
In just a few days, Summit Swim and Dive loses to two strong teams, Kirkwood and CBC. On Thursday last week, Summit lost to CBC by six points in a tough match up, 91-85. This week, on Tuesday, Summit lost to Kirkwood 109-74. Both meets highlighted some areas of improvement for the team. Summit will see Kirkwood again at the Conference meet in October.
The Summit Swim and Dive team is looking for more help with the Homecoming Parade this year. The Homecoming Parade is on Friday, Sept 25, arriving and prepping at 5:30pm with the parade beginning at 6. I am working on finding out where we lineup at 5:30. The theme this year is 'There's no place like home!'
What we need:
1. More athlete participation. If you are not already in another float, join us and represent the swim and dive team! Wear your black warm-up jackets. We will have a quick meeting for athletes to help with planning on Sep t17 after school (before the home meet).
2. I need a few parents to walk with the team and me in the parade. Just email me if you are interested in walking with us.
3. We would like to have another vehicle. We have one truck. We need another truck possibly with a trailer or a convertible or both! Just something more than one truck.
4. Candy to pass out. Candy cannot be thrown--it must be 'handed' out.
5. Alums are welcome to walk in the parade with us as well (as long as they have a Summit Swim and Dive shirt!). Have an alum email me if interested.
I am excited about this. I hope our Summit Swim and Dive teams can get excited about it as well. We need to represent our sport and our community!
Summit Swim and Dive competed against some tough competition including Eureka, Parkway North and Webster Groves Thursday night. By the end of the meet, Summit found itself firmly planted in 2nd place. Eureka came out on top at 715 points followed by Summit in 2nd with 510, Webster in 3rd with 389, and Parkway North coming in fourth with 355. Summit will see these teams and a few more at the Summit Invite in October.
Ladue came out strong and never let up during the swim and dive meet against Summit Thursday. While Summit took a few first place finishes, Ladue had more depth throughout the meet. Nevertheless, Summit swimmers had a number of personal best times which is what our goal has been and will continue to be.
Times from the meet
Next week, Summit competes at Parkway North on Tuesday and hosts the Summit Quad on Thursday (includes Eureka, Parkway North, and Webster).
It was a heart-breaker of a loss against Lindbergh yesterday with a final score of 85-95. Summit put up a great effort but couldn't quite seal a win with the last few events of the meet.
Our next meet will be away at Ladue on Thursday afternoon. Check out our maps page for directions.
Updates on the Summit Swim and Dive Team